I. Responsible for the personal data protection
Controladora Dolphin, S.A. de C.V., onwards "Dolphin Discovery®", located at Banco Chinchorro street, Manzana 1, Lote 8, Supermanzana 13, C.P. 77400, Quintana Roo., is responsible for the collection and treatment of your personal data, in terms of what is established in the articles 2nd and 3rd fraction XIV of the Federal Protection law for personal data in possession of private parties (LFPDPPP) and 47 of its ordinance.
II. Aims of the treatment of your personal data
"Dolphin Discovery®", assures the most strict confidentiality on the collection and treatment of your personal data. Those personal data will be treated adjusting interests of what is established on the LFPDPPP.
In accordance with what is indicated by the articles 15 and 16 of the LFPDPPP,26, 27 and 28 from the ordinance Law, we inform you that your general personal, financial and sensitive data will be collected personally through printed, electronic, phone and/or any other suitable media to be utilized by "Dolphin Discovery®", for the next purposes:
- To provide and hire the services and products offered by "Dolphin Discovery®", swim with dolphins through its programs: DOLPHIN ROYAL SWIM, DOLPHIN SWIM ADVENTURE AND DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER; in its several locations: Dreams Puerto Aventuras, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Playa del Carmen, Cancun-Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Dolphin Palace, Tulum-Akumal, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Distrito Federal, Anguilla-St Maarten, Grand Cayman and Tortola;
- To provide attention to customers for them to make reservations of products and services;
- To communicate promotions, discounts and offers of products and services;
- Effectuate the sale of products (photographs);
- Carry through reservation consultation;
- Execute electronic sales of products and services with credit cards;
- To communicate changes of the hired services.
- Perform appraisals over the products and services offered;
- Videogram production for the web page;
- To confirm and rectified the information carried through to be able to guarantee the best quality of the services;
- To provide attention to customers that request electronic receipt;
- To transact the product or services payment presented by suppliers;
- Video shooting to guarantee the safe of our visitors, clients and employes, likewise with our equipments at "Dolphin Discovery®" facilities and;
"Dolphin Discovery®", is committed to treat the given personal data with absolute confidentiality and to take the necessary measurements to maintain the information secure. The security and confidentiality of the data that the users provide when hiring a service or buying a product online will be protected by a secure server under the protocol Secure Socket Layer (SSL), in a way that the data sending will be transmitted encrypted to ensure their safety. In order for you to verify that you are surfing on a secure environment check your web browser searching bar to see an S like this: https://
III. Consent for the treatment of financial and sensitive data
When collecting financial and sensitive data, is the case; your expressed consent will be required, hence a specific format is a requisite. Over that format, your acceptance of collection and treatment of your data will be requested, exactly like the articles 8th and 9th of the LFPDPPP
establish, 15 and 16 from the Ordinance Law.
IV. Personal data transfer
"Dolphin Discovery®", transfers information to web hosting companies, keeping a legal relationship with them, with the purpose of maintaining the websites up dated and well administrated. To perform this transfer it is not necessary to get a consent form from the owner of the data, according to the article 37, fraction VII of the LFPDPPP.
Also, depending on the legal relationship existing in between you and "Dolphin Discovery®", your data could be shared with external third parties. In this case at the moment of collecting that information you will be notified about the purpose of this transfer and your consent will be requested to be able to do it so. Those transfers are done accomplishing what is established by Law according to the articles 36 and also 72 and 73 of the Law ordinance.
Excepting the cases mentioned above and only by actualization of the content of the article 37 of the LFPDPPP, the data given by our customers will not be transferred under any circumstance.
V. Use of images
On the other hand and with the objective of documentation and communication of the information about the activities and swim with dolphins programs, that are performed in our several facilities; "Dolphin Discovery®", could use, print, reproduce, and publish the image/images of its clients and employes in magazines, brochures, booklets, pamphlets, prospectus, leaflets, handouts, blogs, social media, or websites; and/or any other media in all its manifestations, interpretations or executions, editions, phonograms or videograms and its broadcasts with the latter mention objective.
Outside this cases "Dolphin Discovery®", will not reveal any image about the activities and/or programs carried out; nor exploit them commercially, without your authorization.
The cookies are little pieces of information that are sent by the website to your web browser and are storage in your hard drive in your computer, they are used to determine your preferences when you connect to our website services and also to trace your activities or behaviors performed by you inside our websites. In some sections of our website we require that the client grant our cookies because some of the functions require them to be able to be executed. The cookies allow us to:
- Recognize you at the moment you enter our sites and offer you a personalized experience.
- To know the personal configuration of the site specified by you, eg. the cookies allow us to detect the bandwidth that you had selected at the moment you enter our home page, this way we know what type of information is good to be download.
- To calculate the size of our audience and to measure some traffic parameters, because each web browser that access our website acquires one cookie that is used to determine the recurrence of use and the website sections visited, reflecting your habits and preferences, that information is useful to improve our content, our headlines and our promotions for the users.
VII. Revocation of consent and ARCO rights exercise: Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition
According to what the LFPDPPP supports, you could solicit the access, the rectification, the cancellation in this case it would be procured on a legal manner - or oppose to the use of personal data that you have had given to "Dolphin Discovery®", or revoke the consent that you have had given. Your inquire will be managed by our Privacy Officer: Silvia Paola Oseguera Arroyo through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be able to exercise your rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation, Opposition and also for the revocation of your consent, you would have to follow the next procedure:
- Send an e-mail to the following email address: email@example.com delineating your full surname and given name, the legal commercial relationship you have with "Dolphin Discovery®", (employe, client, visitor, etc) and the type of right that you want to exercise.
- Fill-out the ARCO application format, which will be referred; delineating which dimension; Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition or Revoke you made your application for, attaching those relevant documents that are outlined in the format to be able to credit your identity or personality.
- Once your format is completed you may send it to the email address indicated in the latter subsection, being able to attach all the relevant documentation for your request. For a Rectification it is necessary to precisely outline which one is the modification that must be done attaching the documentation justifying the precedence of the application.
- Once your application is re ceived a notification of reception will be sent-out with its proper file number and the corresponding reception date. If the application does not comply the legal requirements, within the next five working days of the reception an amendment of the application will be required giving you ten days to amend it, if you do not send the amendment within the following ten days the application will be taken as never presented.
- If your application is sent on Saturday, Sunday or a holiday, it will be received the next working day, following the they you have sent it.
- Your application will be replied via email in a term of twenty working days counted from the reception date. This period could be increased by twenty additional days when existing righteous causes, this situation will be notified to you according by what is established in the article 97 of the LFPDPPP Law Ordinance.
- If your application issues according to what is established by the LFPDPPP and other up-to-date norms; access, rectification or cancellation of your data will be granted, your opposition right will be effective or your consent will be revoked, within the following fifteen days of the date in which your application was received.
This period could be increased by fifteen additional days when existing righteous causes, in this case you will be notified according on what is established by the article 97 of the LFPDPPP Law Ordinance.
In all the cases your application is effective in terms of what is outlined by the articles 32, 33, 34 and 35 of the LFPDPPP, the delivery of the personal data will be for free through the same email address that you outlined for those effects, if you want the information to be delivered on a different way you will have to cover only the just expenses for the delivery and/or the cost of the reproduction of the copies or other formats delivered.
VIII. Before whom you can present your inquires or complaints in view of unlawful treatment of your personal data?
If you consider that your personal rights protection have been injured by any misconduct, miss act, or miss response to your application, or you presume that in the treatment of your personal data exist any violation of the dispositions forestalled by the Federal Law of personal data protection in possession of the private parties, you can procure the corresponding inquire or complaint before the Instituto Federal de Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos (IFAI), for more information visit www.ifai.org.mx
If you have any doubt about the content, the interpretation or outreach of this notice, or if you require more information concerning the treatment of the information, you can contact our Privacy Officer: Silvia Paola Oseguera Arroyo, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last up-date: January 25th, 2017.